Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Freakin' Birthday....

So my dad calls yesterday (on my birthday) to tell me that my aunt passed away suddenly yesterday morning..... she wasn't feeling well (of course, she is a *tad* overweight, so she has a whole myriad of health problems anyways) left the house to go to the hospital or doctor or whatever, and had a heart attack right there and died......

I don't really know what to think.... I am not really all too tight with my dad's side of the family, they live 3 hours north, and are a little more than dysfunctional, but they have been having lots of issues lately, and it seems a little unfinished for them to not work them out before she died...... he is supposed to be calling me about arrangements, I don't even know if I want to go....

of course, when my grandma on that side died, it didn't hit me until a few days later..... again, same situation of never really being that close with her, etc. I wasn't even going to go to the funeral, but at work a few days after I found out, I hadn't even told anybody, and just blurted it out to my boss and started crying, big soppy tears, I was a mess..... I think it is more the suddenness of it than the fact that it is death, if that makes any sense..... I was by my dad that I should make the trip to go see my grandma because she was dying, and week later, before I had even had time to go, she was gone.....

Same with my aunt, the woman was late 40s early 50s too young too die, and there were no precursors...... ugh, I hate this, and I feel between a rock and hard place.... I hate funerals, and I really hate funerals for people I don't feel really close to, but I do need to go and be there for my dad, and for my aunt Kim..... they have had to be there for each other lately.......

So, happy birthday to me......

1 comment: